- Bison antiquus… in 3D!
- Near Fort Sumner, New Mexico Next Week? Why not visit the Bosque Redondo Memorial for some food and history?
- Can We expect to Find Ice-Age Artifacts in the Newly Melting Ice?
- Pleistocene Pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Solar Astronomy at Stonehenge — Wessex Guided Tours
- Reality of Climate Fluxuation
- Heinrich Events Caused Annual Mass Whale Strandings during the Pleistocene and early Holocene
- 3D Clovis Wrench, Shaft Straightener or Rope Tool — selden3d
- 3D Clovis Blade Core from Kincaid Shelter — selden3d
- In Memoriam: James J. Hester
- Agate Basin Points from Blackwater Draw NHS
- The smoking gun ‘proving ancient man killed woolly mammoth 45,000 years ago’
- Smilodon Tracks in Argentina
- Shelf Life, Part 1
- When evolution just gives up – The mighty Sloth
- 3D Cardboard Puzzle–Clovis Point
- Another Mammoth Killer
- Coronado’s Entrada, a letter from the road, 1541
- The Largest Saber-toothed Cat, Smilodon populator — GeorgiaBeforePeople
- More About the Lower Younger Dryas Boundary
- The Eurasian Steppe Mammoth (Mammuthus trogontherii) may be the same species as the North American Mammoth (Mammuthus columbi)
- Clovis Unifacial Knife
- anthropology Archaeology atlatl bison Blackwater Draw blogging Climate Studies Clovis Clovis site Ethics fauna field school Field Work First Americans Folsom Geoarchaeology History lithic analysis mammoth museum interpretation Paleoindian paleontology Photography pleistocene pottery pre-clovis primitive technology public archaeology science Uncategorized
Category Archives: Clovis site
ENMU – Clovis Point (LA3324-24156) by Dr. Robert Z. Selden Jr. on Sketchfab From the North Bank mammoth kills.
Dr. Zac Selden has been doing a lot of 3D scanning with one of our own faculty, Katy Putsavage. Although initially the focus was on pottery from the Miles Collection, he was kind enough to take on some Paleoindian artifacts … Continue reading
1940-2016 Joanne Miller Dickenson, 75, of Melrose, NM died January 27, 2016, in her home in Rose Bud, AR, with her family by her side. She was born to the late John W. and Ina Miller, December 21, 1940, in … Continue reading
I was told by a very wise museum professional last year that to hope to have a new museum in place inside a year was extremely optimistic. Even a small one. I think I could hear the word “crazy” in … Continue reading
About our web presence or disturbing lack thereof: We have been working with our Communication Services Department for some months now to develop a new and better website that is university sanctioned. Until recently, blogs like mine, had to be … Continue reading
2 May 2015 – Prehistory Day and Open House at the Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark Join us for our part of New Mexico’s Cultural Heritage Month, May 2nd from 9:00 to 5:00. This event is free and open to … Continue reading
In his report to the Secretary of War, after making a survey of the Southern Plains in 1849, Captain Randolph B. Marcy described the lands of the Llano Estacado in less than enthusiastic light. “Not a tree, shrub, or any … Continue reading
Once upon a time, there was almost too much ground water in the Blackwater Draw area to deal with in deep excavations. Center-pivot irrigation came into vogue in the region from 1967. Stories from the gravel mining era indicate that … Continue reading
A short while ago Dr. Francis Smiley from Northern Arizona University suggested making some new casts of the collections from the Clovis type-site. We were able to meet in Albuquerque and borrow some lab space from generous colleagues at the … Continue reading
Bennett, Stacey D. 2014 Blackwater Locality 1: Synthesis of South Bank Archaeology 1933-2013. Unpublished Masters Thesis, Department of Anthropology and Applied Archaeology, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales. The S.D. Bennett Thesis is now available for download HERE.