- Beyond the Valley of the Mastodons and a Visit from Channel 8
- Horse Toe Bones and 14,000 Year Old Human Shit
- Happy International Museum Day!!
- End of a Chapter
- Visit Cahokia
- Student Research Posters, Part 2
- Student Research Posters, Part 1
- Appreciate Your Museums While They’re Around
- Suzanne Eckert Lecture; Telling their story through clay
- Bison antiquus… in 3D!
- Near Fort Sumner, New Mexico Next Week? Why not visit the Bosque Redondo Memorial for some food and history?
- Can We expect to Find Ice-Age Artifacts in the Newly Melting Ice?
- Pleistocene Pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Solar Astronomy at Stonehenge — Wessex Guided Tours
- Reality of Climate Fluxuation
- Heinrich Events Caused Annual Mass Whale Strandings during the Pleistocene and early Holocene
- 3D Clovis Wrench, Shaft Straightener or Rope Tool — selden3d
- 3D Clovis Blade Core from Kincaid Shelter — selden3d
- In Memoriam: James J. Hester
- Agate Basin Points from Blackwater Draw NHS
- The smoking gun ‘proving ancient man killed woolly mammoth 45,000 years ago’
- Smilodon Tracks in Argentina
- Shelf Life, Part 1
- anthropology Archaeology atlatl bison Blackwater Draw blogging Climate Studies Clovis Clovis site Ethics fauna field school Field Work First Americans Folsom Geoarchaeology History lithic analysis mammoth museum interpretation Paleoindian paleontology Photography pleistocene pottery pre-clovis primitive technology public archaeology science Uncategorized
Category Archives: History
Coronado’s Report to the King of Spain Sent from Tiguex on October 20, 1541 Letter from Francisco Vazquez de Coronado to His Majesty, in which he gives an Account of the Discovery of the Province of Tiguex. “HOLY CATHOLIC CAESARIAN … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Heritage Journal:
by Alan S For those of us that have been in this hobby/profession/obsession for a few years it’s easy to forget that every single day new people are taking their very first step into…
The Clovis age hand-dug well located within the South Bank area of the Blackwater site got an unexpected visit from its original excavator this summer. Shirley East, pictured above standing in the well, was a regular face around the Blackwater … Continue reading
If you plan to be in England this summer… EVENING WALK AMONGST THE STONES AT STONEHENGE – 23 August 7:30 pm, Thursday, 23 August, 2012 An opportunity to get close to the stones and learn more about the monument and … Continue reading
“Celebrate the Centennial during Heritage Preservation Month in May” New Mexico is celebrating 100 years of American Statehood but our history stretches back much further in time. Check out the many events around the state coming up next month at … Continue reading