- Beyond the Valley of the Mastodons and a Visit from Channel 8
- Horse Toe Bones and 14,000 Year Old Human Shit
- Happy International Museum Day!!
- End of a Chapter
- Visit Cahokia
- Student Research Posters, Part 2
- Student Research Posters, Part 1
- Appreciate Your Museums While They’re Around
- Suzanne Eckert Lecture; Telling their story through clay
- Bison antiquus… in 3D!
- Near Fort Sumner, New Mexico Next Week? Why not visit the Bosque Redondo Memorial for some food and history?
- Can We expect to Find Ice-Age Artifacts in the Newly Melting Ice?
- Pleistocene Pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Solar Astronomy at Stonehenge — Wessex Guided Tours
- Reality of Climate Fluxuation
- Heinrich Events Caused Annual Mass Whale Strandings during the Pleistocene and early Holocene
- 3D Clovis Wrench, Shaft Straightener or Rope Tool — selden3d
- 3D Clovis Blade Core from Kincaid Shelter — selden3d
- In Memoriam: James J. Hester
- Agate Basin Points from Blackwater Draw NHS
- The smoking gun ‘proving ancient man killed woolly mammoth 45,000 years ago’
- Smilodon Tracks in Argentina
- Shelf Life, Part 1
- anthropology Archaeology atlatl bison Blackwater Draw blogging Climate Studies Clovis Clovis site Ethics fauna field school Field Work First Americans Folsom Geoarchaeology History lithic analysis mammoth museum interpretation Paleoindian paleontology Photography pleistocene pottery pre-clovis primitive technology public archaeology science Uncategorized
Category Archives: pre-clovis
I have hesitated to post anything about the Paleoamerican Odyssey, in part, because there was so much information and so many conversations that it’s hard to know where to begin. It certainly made an impact on many of us. I … Continue reading
Interesting news from the genetics world. We’re slowly building a clearer picture of early Americans. “A new genetic study of South American natives, published on the journal PLOS Genetics, provides scientific evidence to reformulate the traditional model and define new … Continue reading