- Beyond the Valley of the Mastodons and a Visit from Channel 8
- Horse Toe Bones and 14,000 Year Old Human Shit
- Happy International Museum Day!!
- End of a Chapter
- Visit Cahokia
- Student Research Posters, Part 2
- Student Research Posters, Part 1
- Appreciate Your Museums While They’re Around
- Suzanne Eckert Lecture; Telling their story through clay
- Bison antiquus… in 3D!
- Near Fort Sumner, New Mexico Next Week? Why not visit the Bosque Redondo Memorial for some food and history?
- Can We expect to Find Ice-Age Artifacts in the Newly Melting Ice?
- Pleistocene Pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Solar Astronomy at Stonehenge — Wessex Guided Tours
- Reality of Climate Fluxuation
- Heinrich Events Caused Annual Mass Whale Strandings during the Pleistocene and early Holocene
- 3D Clovis Wrench, Shaft Straightener or Rope Tool — selden3d
- 3D Clovis Blade Core from Kincaid Shelter — selden3d
- In Memoriam: James J. Hester
- Agate Basin Points from Blackwater Draw NHS
- The smoking gun ‘proving ancient man killed woolly mammoth 45,000 years ago’
- Smilodon Tracks in Argentina
- Shelf Life, Part 1
- anthropology Archaeology atlatl bison Blackwater Draw blogging Climate Studies Clovis Clovis site Ethics fauna field school Field Work First Americans Folsom Geoarchaeology History lithic analysis mammoth museum interpretation Paleoindian paleontology Photography pleistocene pottery pre-clovis primitive technology public archaeology science Uncategorized
Tag Archives: Mississippian
This should be on the “bucket list” of anyone interested in America before the Europeans. It is an enormous prehistoric city across the river from present-day St. Louis. Even though much has been lost through carelessness, development, and the ravages … Continue reading
9th Annual Fall Indian Market Day at Cahokia Mounds, Illinois American Indians and vendors of Indian-made items will sell crafts, art, jewelry, beadwork, clothing, baskets and more. Shop for unique holiday gift items. Friday, Noon-5 pm; Saturday 9-5, and Sunday, … Continue reading