- Bison antiquus… in 3D!
- Near Fort Sumner, New Mexico Next Week? Why not visit the Bosque Redondo Memorial for some food and history?
- Can We expect to Find Ice-Age Artifacts in the Newly Melting Ice?
- Pleistocene Pecans (Carya illinoinensis)
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Preprint of 3D Data Paper for Clovis Artifacts from Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark available on SocArXiv — SELDEN3D
- Solar Astronomy at Stonehenge — Wessex Guided Tours
- Reality of Climate Fluxuation
- Heinrich Events Caused Annual Mass Whale Strandings during the Pleistocene and early Holocene
- 3D Clovis Wrench, Shaft Straightener or Rope Tool — selden3d
- 3D Clovis Blade Core from Kincaid Shelter — selden3d
- In Memoriam: James J. Hester
- Agate Basin Points from Blackwater Draw NHS
- The smoking gun ‘proving ancient man killed woolly mammoth 45,000 years ago’
- Smilodon Tracks in Argentina
- Shelf Life, Part 1
- When evolution just gives up – The mighty Sloth
- 3D Cardboard Puzzle–Clovis Point
- Another Mammoth Killer
- Coronado’s Entrada, a letter from the road, 1541
- The Largest Saber-toothed Cat, Smilodon populator — GeorgiaBeforePeople
- More About the Lower Younger Dryas Boundary
- The Eurasian Steppe Mammoth (Mammuthus trogontherii) may be the same species as the North American Mammoth (Mammuthus columbi)
- Clovis Unifacial Knife
- anthropology Archaeology atlatl bison Blackwater Draw blogging Climate Studies Clovis Clovis site Ethics fauna field school Field Work First Americans Folsom Geoarchaeology History lithic analysis mammoth museum interpretation Paleoindian paleontology Photography pleistocene pottery pre-clovis primitive technology public archaeology science Uncategorized
Tag Archives: Primitive Technology
ENMU – Clovis Point (LA3324-24156) by Dr. Robert Z. Selden Jr. on Sketchfab From the North Bank mammoth kills.
Another great one that really benefits from scanning. A Clovis uniface found in the North Bank Mammoth kills in the early 1960s. Enjoy! ENMU – Clovis Uniface (LA3324-24121) by Dr. Robert Z. Selden Jr. on Sketchfab
Dr. Zac Selden has been doing a lot of 3D scanning with one of our own faculty, Katy Putsavage. Although initially the focus was on pottery from the Miles Collection, he was kind enough to take on some Paleoindian artifacts … Continue reading
Too many projects and too few hands have meant that the Blackwater Draw blog gets neglected more than it should. Too much time is spent in petty bureaucracy, assisting other researchers with their personal projects, and fixing the many problems … Continue reading
2 May 2015 – Prehistory Day and Open House at the Blackwater Draw National Historic Landmark Join us for our part of New Mexico’s Cultural Heritage Month, May 2nd from 9:00 to 5:00. This event is free and open to … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting Paleoindian biface made from banded Alibates chert. It was apparently discovered by a local resident in the early 1970s. The tool (knife) measures about 12 cm (4 3/4″) and is remarkably thin, with flaking consistent with other … Continue reading
World’s oldest string found at French Neanderthal site – tech – 13 November 2013 – New Scientist.
A few photos from the Blackwater Draw Atlatl 2013.
Prehistory Day was successful, due to an excellent turnout, helpful volunteers, and great weather. A special thanks goes out to the members of Mu Alpha Nu and their friends for helping out again this year. Nearly 300 people turned out … Continue reading
Annalisa is a blogging archaeologist and artist living in Alaska. This is a reblog of her SAA poster from this year. Check out her Tumblr which contains many good archaeology bits as well as other interests from her life.
Mark your calendars for the Survival: New Mexico weekend at El Rancho de las Golondrinas near Santa Fe August 24th and 25th, 2013. go to golondrinas.org to find out more.
A fun, and remarkably good-looking, mammoth sculpture in Bluff, Utah. Set to burn on the solstice to honor the mammoth petroglyphs found nearby. I love Bluff and wish I could get up there for the event.